Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here's Whats Coming:

OK, from the thoughts of a person who is weaning from the "Winkle error", good gracious. I could just imagine when this child starts reading and writing. A pencil is going to seem like a stick and rock from the caveman days. This does make me nervous as a future educator. I'm really starting to question my ability to supply my student's with the best opportunity at a top education.

I do know children are able to learn a lot quicker and more efficient than adults. If these are the toys children are playing then what are they going to think of the crayons and glue. I can hear my comments now, "when I was a little girl.....". The important thing is to gain the knowledge and apply it the best of my ability.

They are First Graders! Are You Ready?:

That looked like so much fun. Who needs glue and colors and talk about the social skills that are being developed. Just think about the first hand experience they can get in any subject. The skype is a great idea for career day. The field trips the students can take could be endless and without even leaving their classrooms.
This has really got my brain to creating. The only thing now is for me to be proficient in these programs. EDM 310 here I come, well after a few zzzz's.

Podcast Reviews:

This was my first conscious effort in actually finding and listening to podcast. Before this class I didn't know that these existed. It was a bit tricky (for me) to find the specific ones that I would be interested in but I did. After I downloaded i-tunes and fumbled through to the podcast section, it was all over with.
These were a great source of information and tools to use for my education and the education I will be presenting to my students. I found a couple of podcast I was interested in the, Cool Teacher, Education, Promethean Planet, and Smart board lessons podcast. I'm sure I will find many many others as I have time to go through them fluently.
This is definitely a tool that I will be using in the future. I can see myself using this as a reference for my lesson plans and obtaining information about a classroom. The Cool Teacher podcast is one that will keep you up to date on all of the new technologies that are available. Technology moves so fast that this is a good p-cast to refer back to often.
The Smart board lesson p-cast is very helpful. I know a lot of schools are switching (if not already have the S-board) and I have no experience at all working with this type technology. This is a device that I will certainly be required to have knowledge of, when coming in as a new student. I look forward to learning about it and hope to get some hands on experience with the S-board before my education is completed.

Little Kids... Big Potential:

I think the title explains it all. Awesome presentation! This video is a great example of how children are quicker learners than adults. It also has some great reflections of how Internet safety and social courtesy can be taught. I think that's one of the first lessons that need to be taught when introducing this subject of technology. That just because your not face to face you can still effect people's lives.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree with you about children learning to write. It is scary to think that a child's educational success is on my shoulders!

    Little Kids... Big Potential:
    Children are amazing in how fast they learn. Children absorb everything they hear and see and can retain it for future use. I have a 3 year old and she can remember anything I say to her (even if I think she is not listening!) Children are absolutely amazing and I only wish I could learn as they do. It just seems a lot harder once you are older... :)

    ReplyDelete