Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Final PLN

My final reflection can not be summed up in a blog. I am really amazed at the things that I have learned and used in this class. I have used the audacity to record interviews for this class and my other classes. Audacity just made it more simpler to get my point/points across. My experience with the skype are exceptional and eye opening. Ive used it to keep in contact with my boyfriend that is states away and my children are able to keep up with other family members. I can totally see where this can be used in a classroom setting. Skype is an birds eye view into the world and its uses are endless. I have started establishing my twitter network. In the past couple of weeks I have found even more tools to use for my education and for my teaching career The Google documents are so handy. You can create your own sites, surveys, and simple documents. The only problem that I found with the google docs is that when creating a report it doesn't have the formatting as easy as Windows does. What you are able to do is create your report and when you have free access to windows convert your document over and make the changes that are needed.
This class has been such a challenge but in the same since rewarding. It has really opened my mind and opportunities to the world. I know I could be reluctant about having a positive attitude towards the projects but they are some of the projects that I am most proud of through out my college education so far. I will be able to carry this information with me into the future. I just hope that when I get stuck on something I don't know(like before) i remember to search for what I need and a wall is just a way to show how badly I want it(whatever "it" is).

Thank you for introducing me to the world of technology. Next time my children ask to get on the computer I won't just let them play video games. I will have them play with some of the new technology tools and create an original project. In the end my daughter did get her face book account and I have no anxiety about her socializing on it. I have went over the rules and regulations and trust her to abide.

No comments:

Post a Comment