Monday, April 12, 2010

April 11 blog

+Why is it important for students to post their work to blogs? Give examples that you have encountered.

_ It is important for students to post their work to their blogs so that they can get feedback and so they are able to share ideas with other students and people. Some of the examples that I have encountered in sharing my work on my blog have mostly been positive. I like going to the teacher blogs because I can add them to my twitter and follow their ideas and comments. I have gotten so many ideas from this, one example is the online flash cards to study with. This is great to study with. Another example of why students should share their blogs is that I have really became aware of what a bad speller I am. This is something that has been brought to my attention and am now able to make a change to be more conscious of my spelling.

+

2 comments:

  1. First of all I love your blog layout. It is so engaging. However, I come from class E and I chose to do my comments for classmates last. I agree with you totally on the importance of blogging yet I challenge you to remember that teaching is easy yet educating is what we're missing from the classroom. We have to educate which means appeal to the diversity within your classroom. Not all students wee the importance in blogging not have the resources. We have to go beyond a curriculum on blogging and incorporate what will appeal to each and every student in your class. Good Luck and Good Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,

    Thank you for your comment. I do believe it is important to be aware of the diversity in the classroom. I know all children are not going to have access to computers at home. I was only recently able to afford internet connection at home myself. So, I am aware of situations like that. I have set up a blog for my oldest daughter and I cant wait for her to start getting comments. It's just something about getting positive feedback from annonymous people that sets a stage for success. If you have time you can make a post on her's at http://gabriellecernosek.blogspot.com/
    But that is the tricky part, how to incorportate inclusion without the financial backing that's needed. This is definitly a problem in today's society. Thanks again for your comment and good luck!

    ReplyDelete